Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Liberal Arts major in an agbusiness animal husbandry world

At what point does your average young person think "I truly appreciate the struggle that Lance Armstrong underwent during his bout with cancer and his contribution to the cancer research community, so I believe that I will wear the fashionable Livestrong bracelet to show my support!" Does this thought process actually take place? I believe that it does not. I imagine that this example is more common, "Hey other people do things that are cool and Im cool and I like yellow and I remember bracelet and I want wear bracelet like pretty girl/boy wear I person too, hey lets be frineds like me we wear same thing on wrist." If you are reading this with a Livestrong bracelet on your arm, then I encourage you to examine the motivation behind that decision, and then get back to me and explain to me how to make any sort of decision in the first place.

No comments: