Saturday, May 14, 2005

The man in black fled across the desert, and the Hza followed

Last night I watched the movie "Primer". I wonder if you've seen it? It is about a couple of engineers who, while building a superconductor, stumble upon time travel. They decide to use it to travel through time to expolit the stock market (similar to "Biff" in Back to the Future II). The interesting part, well at least plotwise, is the way that the film takes on the dilemma of causality, as well as time/spatial context. Also interesting is the fact that "Primer" was made for only seven thousand dollars. The film won awards at Sundance, and had a decent theatrical release, it was at the Palm last year actually. It looks like the kind of movie that we would make-Ben, Jody, DLC, I'm talking to you here. Ben, I could easily see "Prison House Blues" made with the quality of "Primer". Anyway, go check it out, and if nothing else explain to me what happens, I may not be intelligent enough to decipher the last third of that film.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hm... I might have to check that one out. :)

Anonymous said...

Bill,

Are you sure that you're using that tagline in the same spirit as PE? I'm not so sure.

Anonymous said...

DUDE! I FUCKING LOVED "PRIMER"! i was gonna get on WWW.THEJODYMULGREWSPANKPAGEDOTCOM and sing its praises. yeah, i find it very inspiring that this dude made it so cheaply. and no, i don't know what the hell happened in it, either.

BENjAMIN

(PS it's "desperate man blues")
(PPS everybody visit DEEPMEET.COM!!
i mean you, chloe...)