Monday, May 09, 2005

Deeoxy Pajordah loses 15 hit points after laser blast

I saw people waiting in line for Revenge of the Sith in Hollywood this weekend. They have constructed a miniature tent village, which they have outfitted with plastic furniture, TV's, and a digital clock counting down the moments until May 19th. I saw a guy living in there who, unbelievably, was thumbing through some sort of droid encyclopedia. I was shocked to see that cliche superceded by an alarmingly overweight woman with a Mikail Gorbachev birthmark leading a group of fellow campers through a Star Wars RPG session. They still have 10 more days to wait.

The area around The Natural History Museum of LA County is not a good place to decide that your transmission is breaking. I learned that over the weekend. I also learned that a transmission works much better once you get back to the Westwood area.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Help them Captain Ribo Flavin, you are their only hope.

Amy said...

I'm trying to think if there's anything I would camp out for that long to see/do. Umm...no. Where do these people shower?? And what about those other things you do in the bathroom...is there a small city of Porta Potties too?

Anonymous said...

I saw my first trailer for Episode III today on Fox. three times in one half hour. five words of dialogue in the trailer which must have lasted only 15 sec, maybe 30 but I doubt it. THey should put movie trailers on Bazooka Bubble gum wrappers and leave commercial breaks exclusively to advertisements for Bazooka Bubble Gum.

-Jody

Anonymous said...

i just don't get it. why go through all that for a movie that's sure to suck? everybody's gonna see it eventually anyway. i don't understand.