Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Under weaknesses I wrote, "eczema"

I must admit that I've paid very little attention to the news in the last several weeks, and until the Sunday L.A. Times, I had almost no knowledge of the New Orleans tragedy. After reading a bit about the carnage and misery I could not decide which was odder-the fact that a major American city had been totally obliterated, or how little an effect on my life such a seemingly important event had. Neal Postman wrote something in "Amusing Ourselves to Death" (thanks Kate) about how the only news that is actually relevant to most people, whether they realize it or not, is the local weather and other close to home events, and apparently this is mostly true. Sorry.
Oh also I just bought an ibook so I will be assuming control of the internet.

No comments: