Sunday, August 28, 2005

Interpol, smoking pot, and reading Philip K. Dick

I am cliche incarnate. Last night I tried earnestly and in vain to re-read some of my favorite Phil Dick books, but failing to reach page 20 in any of them, I took a walk. This was maybe, 11 pm last night. I had had a few drinks, and was quite high, so maybe I was weaving a bit, or otherwise making myself appear to be a likely target, but the point is that a big guy on a bike was following me around. I lost him for a few minutes, but he found me again. I was only a feew blocks from home, and was unwilling to show this guy where I lived, so I stopped and waited for him to catch up to me at the corner of Pismo and Chorro St. Here is a transcript of our conversation...
GUY ON BIKE: "Hey. You Hangin' out?"
ME: (annoyed) "Uhh, yeah."
GUY ON BIKE: "You hang out alot?"
ME: (more annoyed, slightly scared now) "Uh, I guess. What do you mean?"
GUY ON BIKE: "I'll suck your cock."
ME: (petrified): "Jesus Fucking Christ Man."

At this point I sort of walked/ran across the lawn of a nearby house, cutting across to the next street. This guy was really big, actually he looked just like Henry Rollins, may in fact have been Henry Rollins. I sat on a curb, waiting until I was sure that he was gone before I resumed walking. I walked a couple more blocks when a young guy walked up right behind me, and asked if I had seen this crazy guy on a bike. He told me a familiar story about being offered a blowjob, and asked if we could walk together until we were far from the scene of the crime. We did, and I arrived home safely. Once in the apartment I promptly poured myself a drink, picked up "The Transmigration of Timothy Archer", pushed play on the stereo, and fell asleep to to Interpol's "Turn on the Bright Lights".

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You attract very strange people, and I was worried that the other guy was "in" with the "big" guy, YIKES!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was sure the second guy also wanted a piece of the Hza.

josh

Anonymous said...

dude, you are the blog king. that was officially the funniest thing i've ever read, if only for the look i'm imagining crossed your face. i actually once had a friend of mine offer to blow me(no one you know)(ok, it was josh); except the celebrity this guy bore a striking resemblance to was t.v. chef emeril lagasse. fun times...

BENjAMIN.........

Justin Cooley said...

"myspace"

Anonymous said...

justin Cooley,

MR. MAC. I need to know. Can I install idvd from one of those bundle OSX/iCornucopia-installation/restore DVDs onto my machine? The disc is for a powerbook G4. I need to install iDVD 3.0 or higher on a 2002 imac .

The only thing that keeps me from trying is the ominous "Software Install and RESTORE" byline on the disc I have, lest I completely wipe my Dad's computer clean by trying to avoid paying for iDVD 6.0 or whatever you ghouls are hocking at the Mac Superstore.

As impatient as I am, i will probably attempt this install before you respond, however any helpful knowledge would be much appreciated. in other words, "help me obi-won j-cooley. you're my only hope."

-Wedge Antilles

Justin Cooley said...

jesus, just ask me for a copy of iDVD, ok.

Anonymous said...

hey dude, can i get a copy of iDVD?

Justin Cooley said...

No problem.

Bill Eseltine said...

Good luck with all THAT!

*erin* said...

ahhhhhh i still remember the first time that henry rollins offered to blow me.........good times.

Unknown said...

Your page loaded really quick for all the content and images I'm impressed

Unknown said...

Your page loaded really quick for all the content and images I'm impressed