Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Thoughts on the good life

There are two things that I need to discuss with you today. First, I love being on the ranch. I am confident that when it comes time for the owners to retire, they will pass on the land to me, longtime ranch hand and caretaker. Don't you think so? And guess what...I'm gonna build a baseball diamond out there. I know what you are thinking. You are thinking, "Housman, you are just copying your dad in Field of Dreams", and maybe you are right. But there is no way that I'm going to raise cattle, so I may as well have a ballpark. I'm also thinking about putting in an outdoor movie theater. Summer nights and outdoor films sound really nice. What do you think about installing an artificial lake? With giant water lilles, and maybe some geese floating around on it. "Do you want to take a walk around the lake?", I might ask. It would be such a disappointment if these plans fall through.
The second thing is that I enjoyed Cognac for the first time last night. I was sitting outside reading and drinking a glass of Remy-Martin on ice. Jack Daniels may have to take a back seat. The thing is, is Remy-Martin terribly expensive? No matter. Once you taste the finer things in life, you can't very well carry on as before can you?

4 comments:

Justin Cooley said...

Dr. Dre often mentions Remy Martin so I am guessing that it is pricey.

Secondly, this fantasy you have going is probably the exact opposite of mine since I dream of having a penthouse apartment in a giant city.

Compagnucci said...

Would there be a large tree adjacent to the lake? One that makes you long to spend lazy afternoons nestled in it's cool shade? One that might allow for some type of swing, or even perhaps climbing? That'd totally be hot.

Justin Cooley said...

While you are blogging from the ranch you should change your bio so it lists your clothing as including chaps, but not the REALLY gay kind of chaps OK.

Bill Eseltine said...

Jut'n Cooley is the coolest EVAR.