Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I just remembered this...

I was sort of coerced into attending church on Easter by my aunt. You see, my grandfather who I haven't talked to in like 4 years is a pastor, and my aunt really wanted me to go and see him. So I did. I was terrified. People were dancing around in front of the stage during the music portion of the service. People were clapping horribly arrhythmically along with the songs. During the sermon I became convinced that my grandfather was preaching directly at me, and for the briefest of moments, I was almost swayed to let him pray for me. The awkward part was during the eucharist or communion or whatever protestants call it. Not being a christian anymore I felt no need to take something like eating the body and blood of Jesus Christ lightly, and so I abstained from the communion plate. I think that this may have clued my grandpa into my heathen worldview. After leaving, I could not believe that I had to go to church twice a week for so many years. It is little wonder that I am so hopelessly insane.

2 comments:

Justin Cooley said...

Did you tell your grandpa that it was ishmael the lesson-teaching gorilla that took you from christ? because that would have broken his heart (more).

Anonymous said...

if you're an athiest who goes to church for the sole purpose of eventually getting into the knickers of this born-again christian chick you're into, but it ends up not happening because she's totally no sex before marriage, do you still go to hell? or does god understand these things and chalk it up to youthful exuberance?