Monday, March 28, 2005

Phoenix almost killed me

I was leaving Arizona. I had enjoyed a breakfast of a muffin and a cup of coffee while I plotted my drive back to California with the help of a road atlas. I made my way out of starbucks, and into a nearby swanky hotel's bathroom. Upon leaving the bathroom, something me felt horribly wrong. I attempted to stumble to my rental car, but decided against it. The closest refuge was the Wyndham Hotel's restaurant. I stumbled into the restaurant and sat down on the first chair I saw. I then found myself picking myself up off of the floor, and walking around the hotel lobby in a daze, and tried to figure out where I was, and who I was. At this point, hotel staff had called the paramedics, and they arrived quickly to accuse me of being on drugs, before taking me to the hospital. At the hospital, I was given fluids and diagnosed a victim of apparent dehydration, though I had been drinking water steadily upon my arrival in Phoenix. I have no idea what really caused me to collapse, but curiously one of the doctors mentioned to me, completely out of the blue, that he didn't think it was a tumor for a variety of reasons. Oh good. After being in the hospital for a few hours, and against the wishes of the attending physicians, I left. Partially because Phoenix sucks, partially because my doctor was wearing a bollo tie, and most importantly, I fear that hospitals may charge by the hour.

2 comments:

Justin Cooley said...

I'll probably be at the Frog and Peach after work if you want to fight me or something.

Compagnucci said...

When I was younger I used to get these...well they called them Anxiety attacks, but I really didn't feel anxious at all. I get maybe one or two a year now. It starts with me feeling really really queasy, then I get really hot, then the queasiness gets worse and my extremities start to tingle. At that point either I sit down, or fall down depending on my surroundings. Then my vision goes black, and I can't hear anything. Eventually I come to, and after awhile the queasiness subsides. It's really frightening because I have no idea what triggers it.

The dude's right though, I'd give you 3-1 odds that it's not a tumor. And if it is, it'd give you 2-1 that it's benign.