Saturday, February 12, 2005

I want to fight Conor Oberst

I realize that there are quite a few Bright eyes fans out there, but jesus how can you stand him? I want to punch him so hard, right in the throat. I am bothered by: a) his fucking hair b) his whining songs c) ok some of his songs are not bad d) I cant deal with the look on his face, ever e) the way he has the NYC skyline on his new album--am I supposed to feel something about that? I cant help but hate. Im a hater.
Dear Chloe Dove,
Oh Chloe. I cant believe that I hurt your feelings. You are so right about the title "Really Going Against My Better Judgment". That was insensitive of me. You deserve better. So I'm sorry. Here is a list for you:
#1 Jody is a man.
#2 Joshua is not yet famous. Actualy, he may be in the Ultimate Fighting world. I just don't know.
#3 I don't have any fondness for gold or silver. I value the human heart so much more than any precious metals. (gold)
#4 I can't really speak for the fake Chloes of the world. There is such a mystery surrounding Chloe Dove that I dont know what to believe. But your poem was clearly superior to the fake Chloe Dove's poem.
#5 I love Baskin and Robbins Ice Cream Cakes so fucking much.
#6 Tommy, my god no. Thomas, absolutely yes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

conor obelisk is the poor man's Johnny Starling, just without the sassafrass and the gumption.

No Record cover can compare to the Johhny Starlings "the delicate droning of preditability" with the Estero Street skyline AFTER Jo Jensen's parents added that second story to their house. Oh, the humanity.

Anonymous said...

Hi. It's me! Chloe here. Words cannot begin to express my lack of remorse, but rather, my joy at your latest blog which features my presence as Jaime Foxx is featured in the hit, undoubtedly-to-win-the-Oscar movie, 'Ray.' THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU for reaching out to me and for your kind and seductive words of apology. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO relieved that you are no longer angry with me. I knew we could work this out if it was meant to be. And, guess what? It's Valentine's Day. I don't believe in coincidences, do YOU?
Oh my gosh, guess what? I am blogging from school, like you do! Ok, though, I swear, SWEAR I'm not copying you. HOnestly. I just thought it was a good idea. So, me and my friend Leslie came to the library and are blogging between Psych and Sociology. Well, we have Psychology together, then I'll go to to Sociology (which is sometimes abbreviated as 'Soesh') and she'll go to Aerobics. Hey, tell me about YOUR university experiences! Anyway, since I'm at school, I have to limit my time on this blog. I hope your not mad. But, even if you are, now I know that you'll be honest and forthright with me, the way I always knew you could and would. You never let me down. Did you watch the 'Grammy's' last night? That's an award show honoring music and contributers. I was SOOOOOOOOOOO happy that Alicia 'Diary of Alicia Keys' Keys won. SHE ROCKS SO HARD!!!!!!!! But I also thouroughly enjoyed the marital performance of JLo and hubby Marc Anthony. It was soulful and sublime. Oh my gosh, guess what? Ronnie got a job at Red Brick Pizza as a cashier! How awesome is that!!! Now the Banda has a place to hang out and I don't have to worry about him watching me change my clothes in my bedroom. Awesome! Ok, this really smelly and nasty guy is waiting for this computer, and I'm tired of him eyeing me like candy, just because it's Valentines's Day and he obviously finds me attractive. I'm one step away from getting out my pepper spray. But, don't worry, I'm not interested in him, I swear. Today is a day just for honest, real, and special love. Do you know what I mean? I think you do, knowing you value the gold of the human heart. Well, don't forget that someone is thinking of you and your blogs on this day dedicated to lovers and lifers alike. Do you know what I'm saying?
Your special and smilingly super soulmate, Chloe Dove

Anonymous said...

Wow, that made MY Valentine's day. And I have finally discovered the true identity of Chloe for you Hza.

Bum Bum Bummmmm

I think it's John Kelly, dude. I'm soooooooo sorry

Housman said...

Holy Shit Jody, that is the funniest thing I have ever heard in my life. Thank you