Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Watch where I'm going

I think that there is a major problem facing America's sidewalks and hallways today. This problem is a near total lack of spatial awareness. I do not suffer from this affliction, mind you, but I am forced to deal with it constantly, as I presume you are as well. It is important to realize that I am almost never in a hurry, but I routinely find myself slowing, pausing, or even stopping completely as slower moving pedestrians in front of me lazily bob and weave across my intended path. What is worse, is when somehow, two large waisted people manage to occupy an entire walking area by themselves, seemingly oblivious to my silent pleas for them to part long enough for me to get wherever it is that I am in no hurry to get to. The positive side, is that I get to pretend that I am knifing my way through the Baltimore Ravens defense, accumulating much needed first down yardage.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel you man...I really feel you on this one.
-dlc

Justin Cooley said...

Randy Moss says:

"We whip dey ass."

bschneider5 said...

he he he he... Check my blog out - Bradsblog

Amy said...

My personal favorite is when someone walks into a store, stops just inside the entry, and prevents anyone else from entering until they have had a nap. Especially when it's raining.

Anonymous said...

YES! AMY, YOU ARE A GENIUS! AND YOU, HZA, SHOULD WIN A PULITZER. i'd always had this nagging suspicion that i was an asshole for feeling that way, but since you've confirmed my own experience, i don't feel bad anymore. what gets me is, how do these people NOT KNOW that there is someone DIRECTLY BEHIND THEM, TWO INCHES AWAY? are people really that oblivious? i guess so...

Justin Cooley said...

That "Next Blog" button is really bringin' 'em in.

Anonymous said...

in los angeles you can walk directly at the couple of them and their tiny little dog and even when its clear that they see you and you see them, they'll still expect you to take a dive in the grass or the gutter. Now I just walk exclusively on the no-man's-land of crab-grass and dog-doo. The old timers sometimes walk in the street with Safety-Orange Safety Vests on and reflectors on their pants. They've probably just had enough. I guess this struggle is as old as time. -jem
(you like that? truly outrageous, heh?)

Justin Cooley said...

This page is now about Dank Nugz.