Thursday, June 02, 2005

As demand approaches one and supply approaches zero, price approaches infinity

Hey guess what? Gasoline is still being sold for $2.35+ per gallon. Remember when the price of gas began to exceed two dollars per gallon, and you thought, "surely this will pass." It has not and apparently will not. Yet, I still refuse to give up driving my car. I have again developed wanderlust and very much would like to move out of SLO, but I don't have the money to do so comfortably. The thought has crossed my mind that I could sell my truck, but having no car seems like a one way ticket to the grave.

10 comments:

Amy said...

I can vaguely remember paying $1.09 for gas. Those happy days are gone. Now I feel lucky because gas has dropped to $2.05. Crazy!

Justin Cooley said...

i just bodyslammed a cow and beat a lamb at chess

Anonymous said...

dude, staying in SLO is a one way ticket to the grave...

Compagnucci said...

I thought I was the only one stricken with wanderlust. I don't even know where I want to move to, just that its far from SLO. I've considered going back to Portland, and I still really want to. School is one issue, and money is the other, although if I had the money I'm sure that school wouldn't be an issue anymore. Wanna go on an extended road trip?

Justin Cooley said...

It worked for Chris Gibson.

Bill Eseltine said...

FYI-Nothing has ever worked for Chris Gibson.

Justin Cooley said...

IMHO-his little sexually explicit rhymes about all of our names worked out pretty well.

Housman said...

What worked for Chris Gibson?

Compagnucci said...

Dude, that guy keeps telling me that Bill gave him a half-naked back massage in the children's section of Barnes & Noble...while dressed like Catwoman. Seriously, every time I see him I get the same story. I may have laughed the first time, but now its just uncomfortable. Bill, I think he wants to have your children or something.

Bill Eseltine said...

no comment.