Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Greatest Favorite Band Ever

wow, this girl working at linnea's is sure in a mood to play weezer in any form that she can find it: b-sides, acoustic, import, plain old regular blue album, you name it. although, nothing of course after pinkerton. it hurts so much to hear 'only in dreams'. hurts in a good good way. i spent probably 90% of my high school career with that song either in my head, or laying on the floor of my room with a candle lit, staring at the ceiling, dreamily lusting after every girl who wasn't my girlfriend, absolutely caught up in the throw of adolescence. i imagine that rivers cuomo lives the same way now, may very well be rocking his fucking heart out to the soaring guitar riffs at the end of that song, feet pounding the floor, a sweaty hand reaching over to the repeat button to play that song again and again and again. god i miss that band.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh,

Sweet Weezer

Anonymous said...

You can come over and listen to my stereo with me. I've got Warren Zevon "Excitable Boy," Almost every cheap trick record, half the Badfinger catalogue...Oh the prickly scratch of vinyl.

-Jody

Housman said...

wait is it "let it die out"? or "a denial"? i cant remember which is right and which one i thought it was. funny how such a small thing nearly ruined my friendship with you and Jody. (it did)
Bill, I would place Jody at a 3.34 on the Dave Eggers scale of sexuality with 1 being completely heterosexual and 10 being completely homosexual.

Anonymous said...

i love you josh. to the point where i want to have sex with you.